As a counsellor
Over the past 12 years I have been a counsellor at a number of voluntary counselling organisations and worked in private practise. I cover a wide range of counselling areas, including depression, anxiety, low-self esteem and bereavement, and I have a particular interest in working with clients to improve their relationships. I am currently a psychosexual therapist in training.
As a counsellor, I am supportive and, at times, challenging. I believe that to be effective, counselling shouldn’t be too comfortable, but that you should feel safe and supported to explore and discuss what is troubling you. Depending on your needs, I tailor my approach drawing from a range of therapeutic styles and techniques, and coaching.
I have regular supervision, am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists and adhere to their Code of Ethics. I am fully insured to work as a private counsellor.
Qualifications and Learning
I hold a current enhanced DBS certificate.
– Diploma in Clinical Sexology (pending) Accredited by Pink Therapy
– Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
– Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
– The Happiness Club Trainer
– Corporate Resilience Workshops with The Happiness Club
– Emotional Management Programmes for Schools with The Happiness Club
– Working with couples and compulsive sexual behaviours
– LGBTQ+ Awareness and Allyship
– Neurodiversity Awareness
– Relationships and Couple Counselling
– Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
– Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (M-CBT)
– Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
– Mindfulness for Counsellors
– Mindful Leadership
– Mindfulness in the Workplace
– Coaching for Professional Development